“I always tell students that studying abroad was the most defining thing of my college experience” — Julio Castro
I love when I have study abroad advisors on the show because they do a good job of getting students to take the plunge and study abroad.
This episode is no different.
Julio did a great job of recollecting his time of Spain and Germany, respectively. He also reminisced about transitioning into his own job while he was still studying abroad, which is a very real concern for lots of students who study abroad towards the end of their college careers.
- What was going through Julio’s head prior to leaving for Spain [2:02]
- Why Julio picked to study abroad in Spain and Germany [3:43]
- The added travel that comes with Julio’s position as a study abroad advisor [6:45]
- What it’s like to miss a flight while you study abroad [8:22]
- Remembering the currywurst [9:20]
- How studying abroad changed Julio’s life [10:53]
- Why Julio chose the college he did (this is as good of reason as any) [12:46]
- Becoming and Instagram [14:08]
- Advice to those who are thinking about studying abroad [15:25]
If everyone spent a semester overseas there would be no wars — Unkown