Deciding To Learn Spanish in Spain With Luci Bessinger
Chris Carlton | December 7, 2018
“They experience life as it comes instead of planning and organizing like we constantly do here in the United States. It has definitely changed my perspective since I’ve been back” — Luci Bessinger
When it comes to learning a language there is no better way than to immerse yourself. Luci Bessinger did just that, and from what I can tell had a blast in Barcelona, Spain, and the rest of Europe.
I’ve done a few interviews now, and Luci checked off all the boxes of what makes for an epic trip.
- She learned a language
- Something went wrong
- She traveled to other counties other than the one she was living in
My favorite part of the interview was when Luci describes ‘the best’ meal she’s ever had. I’m going to make you listen to find out what was included and for how much.
Have fun with this interview, I know I did.
Quote Luci would like to leave you with:
“Life is what happens outside of your planning”
- Deciding on Spain [1:30]
- Luci’s living situation in Spain [3:14]
- Living with students at two different colleges in Barcelona [4:18]
- Taking classes in Barcelona [5:50]
- Protests in Spain [7:08]
- Learning Spanish [10:04]
- How studying abroad changed Luci’s view of the world [12:34]
- Getting trapped in Sevilla [15:26]
- Exploring the rest of Spain and Europe [17:23]
- Food in Barcelona [18:44]
- The most amazing meal Luci has ever had at [19:50]
- Alert Traveler and Rick Steves [22:22]
- Luci explains a quote [24:00]
Language Learning / Four Steps [Infographic]