“I’ve never had a student come back saying they regret studying abroad, but I have met with multiple students saying that they regret not studying abroad.” – Corinne Kenny
How much ❤️ you ask?
After she returned from her trip and graduated, she actually returned to Spain to work in Madrid for 11 months. This is something I regret not doing myself…It’s the story everyone yearns for, but you rarely see play out. But in Corinne’s, case we actually get to listen to what transpired.
The first time around, Corinne studied abroad through a program called Sol Education Abroad, which focuses on Spanish language immersion. So if you’re serious about learning Spanish, I’d recommend checking them out.
If you’re reading this, I’m imploring you to listen to this one in its entirety as it may very well change the trajectory of your career, and ultimately your life.
“I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- Teaching English in Spain while immersed in the Spanish language 👩🏫 [1:27]
- Falling in love with Grenada right off the plane 🌅 [5:32]
- Intensive language studies and volunteer teaching 🎓 [9:13]
- Siestas after lunch breaks 😴[11:38]
- Traveling around Europe and staying with family in Norway 🧭👨👨👧 [12:42]
- Scrambling to fix a missed flight to Ireland 🛩 [13:51]
- Fried eggplant with honey and longing for tapas 🥟 [15:51]
- Working in Madrid through CIEE for 11 months 👩💻 [17:58]
- Recommendations and final quotes 🙌 [22:50]