“It’s not going to be that perfectly posed picture that you see on Instagram . . . it’s going to be like those candid pictures that are full of memories and learning experiences and full of adventure.” – Lindsay Vallance
Lindsay is the first student on The Study Abroadcast who studied abroad in Bangkok, hell…she is our first student who studied abroad in Thailand. As you guys know I love welcoming firsts and Lindsay fits the bill here.
Her interview checks off all the boxes of what makes a great show. She’s got great stories, vivid memories of the food, and does a great job of painting a picture of life in Bangkok 🎨. Its winter right now, and talking to her was an escape into the gorgeous scenery of Thailand (see rolling hills link below).
“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Winnie the Pooh
- Returning to Thailand as an adult to study abroad 🇹🇭 [1:24]
- Plopped in Thammasat via ICEP and finding roommates on Facebook 🙏🤦♀️ [3:00]
- Taking a three-cent ferry to get to class ⛴ [4:53]
- Five different meanings of Ka and other feats of learning Thai language 👩💻[7:06]
- Exploring the rolling hills of Pai and other small towns and beaches in Thailand 🏝 [8:48]
- Escaping a moving taxi on the way to the hostel 🚕 [11:35]
- Eating egg rolls twice a day and missing khao soy curry 🥖 [14:40]
- Learning patience and kindness of the Thai locals 😇 [16:39]
- Experiential learning and a beautiful campus at Butler University 👨🏫 [18:21]
- Recommendations and final quotes 🙌 [19:57]