“So many of the things that I worried about didn’t ever happen” — Nicole Kalitsi
In this interview we meet Nicole Kalitsi who is studying abroad in Brussels, Belgium at Vesalius College this semester. In addition to attending classes, Nicole is also interning for the ENCC and sharpening her French language skills as well.
She is the first interview we’ve had in Brussels, but probably won’t be the last because if you are listening, she’ll probably convince a few students to check out this beautiful city.
Nicole is bouncing all around Europe and we hear exactly where she has been and where she plans to go for the rest of her trip.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone — Neale Donald Walsch
- Why Nicole chose Brussels [1:46]
- Jumping between three different languages [2:47]
- Selecting a program and setting things up before departure [4:16]
- Thinking about language learning differently [6:40]
- Nicole’s biggest regret of studying abroad [7:40]
- Similarities and differences in her classes [9:12]
- Exploring the rest of Europe [11:08]
- Nicole explains what she is doing for her internship [12:38]
- Brussels cuisine [14:07]
- Shut Up And Go [15:38]
- Nicole’s words of wisdom if you’re thinking about studying abroad [17:40]
- Planes, trains, and…busses [19:10]